About Dr. Kim
Dr. Ji Soo Kim (Specialist Podiatric Surgeon)
Dr Kim is a hardworking and passionate foot surgeon who is trained extensively in the reconstruction and wound care of the foot and ankle. He graduated with his Bachelor of Podiatric Medicine and Clinical Doctorate in Podiatric Surgery from The University of Western Australia’s Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. He has worked in both the private and public sectors in Perth for the past 9 years and internationally in China and South Korea.
He has attended world-renowned foot and ankle orthopaedic surgery departments in Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea for more than 12 months and during this time, he gained valuable experience and expertise from current leaders in the fields of foot and ankle surgery.
He specialises in the correction of common forefoot deformities such as bunions, hammer toes, Morton’s neuroma, hallux limitus/rigidus and ingrown toenails. He continues to learn new surgical techniques to ensure that his patients receive the most up to date surgical technologies and techniques to foster quality results.
- Hallux Valgus (Bunions) – Traditional Open Bunion Surgery / Minimally Invasive (Keyhole) Surgery
- Hallux Limitus/Rigidus – Joint Salvage Procedure (Cheilectomy) / Joint Fusion / Partial Joint Replacement (Cartiva)
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Flatfoot Surgery – Minimally Invasive HyproCure EOTTS (Extra-Osseous Tal-Tarsal Stabilisation)
- Ingrown Toenails – Winograd Procedure / Partial Nail Avulsion with Phenol Matrixectomy
- Plantar Warts
- Tendon Disorders – Achilles, Tibialis Posterior, Peroneals etc
You do not need a referral to see Dr Kim for a surgical consultation.
- Bachelor of Podiatric Medicine, The University of Western Australia
- Doctor of Clinical Podiatry, The University of Western Australia
Registration and Membership:
- Registered Podiatrist – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registered Specialist Podiatric Surgeon – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Fellow, Australian Association of Podiatric Surgeon
- Kim JS, Cho HK, Young KW, Lee SY, Kim JS, Lee K. The effectiveness of Headless Bioabsorbable Screws for Fixation of the Scarf Osteotomy. Foot Ankle International. 2016 Nov;37(11):1189-1196
- Kim JS, Cho HK, Young KW, Kim JS, Lee K. Biomechanical Comparison Study of Three Fixation Methods for Proximal Chevron Osteotomy of the First Metatarsal in Hallux Valgus. Clin Orthop Surg. 2017 Dec; 9(4): 514–520