How are fees charged
Payment is required at the time of service;
- Initial Consultation – $160 (30 minutes)
- Subsequent Consultation – $120 (30 minutes)
- Ingrown toenail surgery: $450 (single side) / $100 applies to the additional side
- Wart Surgery: $450 / $100 applies to the additional wart
- Simple tenotomy: $450 / $100 applies to the additional toe
- Ultrasound-Guided Injection: $120
Hospital-Based Surgery fees are charged depending on the service provided, but typically;
Fees charged depend on the complexity of the procedure. A printed estimate including item numbers will be given to you during your appointment
Hospital Cost (Theatre, Accommodation and Prostheses fees)
Health insurance coverage of hospital costs varies between insurers. A few insurers pay only the default amount while others cover 100% of costs.
You will be supplied with an informed financial consent regarding your anaesthetic fees and how these should be paid, prior to your procedure
Rebates of Podiatric Surgery
- All private health insurances are required to pay for some of the hospitals’ costs and prostheses used during surgery if your hospital policy includes podiatric surgery.
- If your private health insurances refuse to cover podiatric surgery and its associated fees, you may consider switching to other health funds that provide a better cover for podiatric surgery. Our staff is able to assist in this.
- Rebates of podiatric surgery by Medicare and Private Health Insurances have been recognised as an area for concern but governments and industry are slow to react
- You should contact your local federal MP if you feel strongly about this, as your choices are limited by government policy
Medicare and Veteran’s affair
- Although there is no Medicare or Veteran’s affairs rebate available for podiatric surgery at present, your general practitioners may arrange EPC(Enhanced Primary Care) plan covers a part of the consultation fee.
- DVA referral (D904) from General practitioners is required for bulk-billing.
- We do accept worker’s compensation but we advise you to contact your case officer to find out about your eligibility for the treatment before making an appointment.
- We are now able to offer a discounted package rate for our uninsured patients. This fee includes the surgeon’s fee, prostheses(implants), assistant fee, hospital cost and postoperative appointments for 3 months.
Traditional Bunion Surgery: $3900 + Anaesthetic
Keyhole Bunion Surgery: $4100 + Anaesthetic
Hallux Rigidus: $3700 + Anaesthetic
Morton’s neuroma: $2600 + Anaesthetic
Hammertoe: $2300 per toe + Anaesthetic ($500 applies to the additional toe)
Keyhole Corn Surgery: $1700 + Anaesthetic
*Please note these costs include Doctor’s cost, Assitant fee, hospital cost, Prostheses(The Most biocompatible Titanium alloy screws), postop shoe and postop follow-up appointments.